Thursday, April 24, 2008

Soldiers

Yesterday, I received a comment from the mother of a soldier who is in Iraq. This started me thinking. Can you imagine the situation these soldiers are in. Well, it is 120 degrees during the day but the sand does not hold heat well so it gets cold cold at night. They lay in a war torn country with the constant threat of death looming near. When they drive down the road, they must be in heavily armoured vehicle for any hope of surviving a roadside bomb. They wear military grade body armour to help stop the bullets and shrapnel for IEDs. Then think about the fighting they have to do.

We can only imagine the strain their under yet, they do it day in and day out. Can you understand the pressure they are under? I can't and I did my time in the early 90's. The courage it takes for them to deal with and excel in this environment is unbelievable. And all they have asked of us, through Col. Dave Grossman is, "Watch my family. Cover my six. Do your damn job!" They are in the most dire of circumstances and they want to make sure cops like me are protecting the home front. I for one take this request (order) very seriously.

Now join me in the mindset of the mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands and wives. They are like a cops family only more so. They remain here hoping that the CO and Chaplin never comes knocking on their door with that dreaded news. Join me in saluting these brave soldiers and their families who are out there protecting our freedoms, including the Freedom of Speech, I am exercising now.

Soldier On!!

4 comments:

Stacey Huston said...

Ah-Men! I don't care how anyone feels about the situation over there, This IS AMERICA and these men and women need our support.. thanks for sharing.

michele said...

I agree with Stacey! However, you failed to mention the "mindset" of the husbands and boyfriends of the WOMEN in battle! ;>)

Anonymous said...

Losie said...
As human's, we take a lot of things in life for granted and fail to say thank you. My heart is filled with thanks to our soldier's and also our law enforcement officer's who risk so much more than their lives for all of us. Thank you for this article.

Asgard said...

Thanks for this!! My step-son just made it back from a 9 month stay there. He hasn't come home yet (sometime next week) but we are very pround of him and glad he is back. I give a big "THANK YOU" to all the soldiers fighting and policing for our country.

Activism Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Custom Search
Nature Blog Network