Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Blogging

I have spent a great deal of time today surfing the blogs. I have hit all of the Friday Skywatch Sites and many others. I had some extra time and loved every minute of it.

I really appreciate all the people that have visited my blog and the wonderful comments.

Yesterday, several people posted comments about their good deeds or lack there of. I started this to inspire the best in people. I ended up being inspired more each day. My daughter reads every post I make and you folks have helped me help her to see the good in people. Often times, as a police officer, I see the bad but here I get to see the good. Thanks to each and everyone of you that share with us each day.

I challenge you to start everyday with a fresh outlook. If you think about it, and are conscious of it, you can effect others around you in a positive way each day. A simple smile, a phone call of encouragement to someone who is down, a gentle nudge in the right direction to a child, asking the elderly couple down the street if they need help with chores, a prayer for the disillusioned or even kinds words to the cashier. If you try, it is really easy to brighten the world around you. Just do and you will make your day a little easier and help others along the way. My mom is really good at it. You can be too.

Again, what good deed have you done today and what do you plan for tomorrow. We can all spare five minutes to help other. Go forth and help more!

8 comments:

Suzie said...

Really I've just been craby. No good deads just craby craby craby

Marja said...

Hi Thank you for visiting me. Yes this is exactly what I think. To spread some joy you sometimes just have to smile. Thanks for adding me I will add you too

Bakhrian said...

hi dude..
thank you for visiting my blog
i do appriciate it

TheBronze said...

FTP, I'm going to link you at mine. Good luck and stay safe!

The Birdlady said...

Remember that slogan from a few years ago - "Practice acts of random kindness"....I loved it - wonder where it went?

michele said...

I forwarded an e-mail to my friends that I received regarding returning soldiers. It showed pictures from Iraq, & talked about how hard it is for returning soldiers when people complain about traffic, teens complain about chores, or not getting what they want, we complain about our jobs, or our pillow not being comfortable enough...and you can imagine the pics that went with it. We may all have problems, but there is ALWAYS someone worse off than we are, and we should start each day with a prayer, thanking God that we are where we are and see what good we can do for others. NOT preaching...b/c I'm the world's worst a/b job complaining...but it's something to think a/b! Thanks, again, FTP for making us think! Don't want to brag a/b my own "good deeds," but am surely working on them!

As usual...love you with all my heart...

michele said...

Have you been back to the Thrailkill's site? Please ask people to visit this site & pray for this family! The drunk driver's insurance will have to be split among the other drunks who were "hurt" in the truck, and will barely pay off Holly's van! They are also in need of a "chair," which costs $15,000 to help Graycen walk! My heart just aches for this family! Even if everyone we knew could donate $1 to their acoount at Regions Bank, it would help them so much! And they aren't asking for themselves. Members of their church have set up this blog, and the bank account.

I know you're encouraging people to give to Ryan's Well, but this is a local cause, & they need help, too. There's enough room in everyone's hearts to pray, & give...I KNOW there is!

Kathryn and Ari said...

Hi--and great to meet you!
You asked on my blog about a "meme." I'm embarrassed to admit I had to look up the word in order to tell you what it means. Here's what I found: "A meme (pronounced /miːm/[1]) consists of any unit of cultural information, such as a practice or idea, that gets transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another. Examples include thoughts, ideas, theories, practices, habits, songs, dances and moods and terms such as race, culture, and ethnicity. Memes propagate themselves and can move through a "culture" in a manner similar to the behavior of a virus."

I think as far as blogging goes, it's just kind of like a chain letter with content.

Who knew?!?!

Activism Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Custom Search
Nature Blog Network