Sunday, May 25, 2008

In Memory Of


Today is the day when our Nation celebrates those who lost their lives in defense of our freedom! Over the last several years our Armed Forces have taken several hard licks and kept on coming! If you look closely at this picture, you will see that this flag is a little tattered. It reminds me of all the hard hits our guys and gals have taken. They have evolved under the pressure of IEDs, terrorist, suicide bombers and so many more factors. They often exceed the unbelievable ability of our country to rebound. I served during the first Gulf War in a stateside position and can not begin to imagine what these folks have suffered through. I have several close Friends that have served in Iraq. I can not explain how proud I am of them. I am just plain proud to be an American. Join me in saluting our soldiers and never forget those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom we enjoy! God bless our troops and God bless America!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sandy said...

God Bless America! I am proud do be an American!!

Stacey Huston said...

God Bless America! I am with you on this one.!! And thank you and your family as well for all that you do.. Have a beautiful memorial day!

300 said...

as a Gulf war vet....I say thank you and Godbless us all. Thank you for what you do as well, I am honored to call you my friend:)

Activism Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Custom Search
Nature Blog Network