Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers

Well, I don't have a lot of time right now but I will try to write more later if I can get away. We have company coming later and we are about to head out to take my Mom and Michele to lunch for Mother's Day. I have a wonderful mother, but today I am going to write about another mother. On August 31, 2007, my Mother-in-law, Sudie Clayton, lost her fight with cancer. She fought it for over two years. I want to talk briefly about her

Sudie was absolutely the best Mother-in-law a guy could hope for. Often times you here guys talk about nightmares with them. Well, mine lived next to us and she was the best. I really enjoyed going to her house everyday and just talking to her. We had some great conversations. She taught me so much about everything from life to flowers. She was also an artist. She could do oils, charcoals and watercolors. We spent a lot of time doing projects together. She really loved working in her yard. She was an outdoors type person. When we found out about the cancer, she mentioned that she would love a goldfish pond. Nikki and I got the pleasure, and I do mean pleasure of building it for her. We built it and an arbor. She planted a Lady Banks rose that grew over the arbor. It grew so beautiful just like she was inside and out. I could never write something that would do her justice or make you understand how wonderful she was. Going to be a sad Mother's Day without my second mother.

Have to go for now but will try again later.

6 comments:

*Goddess* said...

You're very lucky to have had a M-I-L who loved you and who you loved, as well.

Voz do meu Coração said...

It has very beautiful pictures, but take this opportunity to wish a happy mother's day to all mothers of mundom have only penalty of not have my

Sandy said...

Beautiful post. I only hope that my daughters-in-law and my son-in-law feel that way about me. They are a wonderful addition to our family and I love them dearly.

Stacey Huston said...

Thanks for the people for all that you do.. You are truely blessed to have known such a wonderful Mother in law, says alot about you wife.. thanks for sharing.

SkyNymph said...

Namaste', wow...seriously I had tears forming as I read this. I will have to write about my experience with an older woman I met and whom fought the same battle.

I don't know if you believe that people truly die or not, but I don't think they do (only physically bodies depart) and that she is still amongst you, watching over you, and helping you when you least know she is.

Hey thanks for stopping by, and you did say happily married :0) so you have honor! you made me blush though, I get that a lot in real life but it's always like I hear something like that for the first time, and I blush profusely.

I also see you like Sarah Mclachlan I have a few of her songs on my play list if you scroll through you might like.

I've been listening to her since I was a teen and before she was all as popular as she is now, in high school she was considered alternative amongst people I knew ha ha, they never played her on the radio like they do now.

But as I read your post I thought of the song angel. I will be subscribing to your blog I have never met a cop who wrote blogs before, nor have I ever really spoken to any. You know me and cops, the rebel thing ;0)

Oh the art even though I work with youth and with wolves operating my facility, my main trade is an artist, to support the not profit work I do with the wolf center, that is not a finished piece that is paint on there, as I did not know if I was going to keep it more black and white looking, but I now have finished the color and glaze on my bisque tiles and will be getting them fired up, that panel of tiles is part of a 7 foot by 7 foot mural I am doing here.

I see you love art too though, and your mother n'law was an artist we would have gotten along then artists always find each other some way and how. My best to you and your lovely wife.

metta

skylar

michele said...

I also believe that only our physical bodies die...and that our souls live on...and I do believe Mama is still watching over you and us...(you know my evidence...haha). She loved you dearly, and felt like you were her son...(you & I both know you can love someone just as much even if you didn't give birth to them!..hi, jessy) She constantly told people how wonderful you were and how much she believed in you (don't we ALL). She was, & still would be, so proud of the person you have become, and I believe when we are sitting on her porch, watching the hummingbirds dive-bomb us (lol), she is there, smelling her roses, watching the goldfish, & marveling over the barn swallows new babies, & watching the horses graze...we will continue to see her in all the nature and beauty around us..as well as the attributes Nikki has inherited from her. It doesn't make it any easier on those of us who are left without her, but at least she's left a loving legacy...and even though we're "burdened" with all of her pets (lol), we will "soldier" on until she greets us in heaven. Thank you from the bottem of my heart for your kind words & for putting her name out there. I hope others will draw inspiration from her story.

As always, I'm proud of you and I love you dearly! Keep up the good work!

Activism Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Custom Search
Nature Blog Network