Friday, May 16, 2008




My Mother has an uncanny nack for call at the worst possible moment. So we developed a saying that I would answer the phone with and she understood that I would call her back at my earliest convience. This saying was, "I'm knee deep in alligators."

Well today I spent most of my day figuratively in that realm. However, at one point I neared that realm in a realistic manner. I posted a picture eariler that showed me holding the alligator in the air. We were actually loading him into a truck to relocate him to a much more remote area and release him. After looking at the post, I decided that some might be offended by the picture and removed it. The pictue above is several members of the Police Department and the Fire Department restrainng the gator until we could secure the teeth end with material more comfortable to him for the trasport. He was later released unharmed in a swamp fourty miles north of the city by the State Wildlife and Fisheries Officer.

We dealt with several crazy calls yesterday of which this was not the most dangerous. Yes believe it! Also this in my Friday Skywatch post. This is a great site you should visit.

5 comments:

Abraham Lincoln said...

Well, what a catch you got. LOL

Thanks for visiting my blog and for commenting there. I appreciate it.

Your EG Tour Guide said...

What was it about yesterday? I was "knee deep in alligators" too! Except you have real ones. LOL

Old Wom Tigley said...

Now thats a great picture sky watch or not its still a great shot.
Thanks for mentioning Sky Watch.. and providing a link.. Remember Sky Watch is only as good as what folk such as your self do and post.. I only host it.. every one else and you included make it what it is.

John said...

Nice shot!

Texas Travelers said...

Knee deep is right.

Thanks for the visit,
Troy

Activism Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Custom Search
Nature Blog Network