Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lt. Rob Curry



Today, Mississippi lost one of the finest officers ever to wear a badge. Lt. Rob Curry of the Gulfport Police Department was traveling on US Hwy 49, when a vehicle pulled out in front of his police bike. He was unable to stop and subsequently died of injuries substained from the crash. Curry was a member of several organization to include Sobriety Trained Officers Representing Mississippi (STORM). He has served this organization for many years on the Executive Board. I have had the pleasure of knowing him for more than eleven years. During Hurricane Katrina, he work around the clock to save many of the citizens of Gulfport, MS. He was a Hero many times over, however he would never admit it. I remeber talking to him in the weeks that followed Katrina. He was so crushed by the plight of his fellow citizens around him. His heart was so big that he suffered each loss as if it were his own. To him, they were very personal losses. Today, I recieved the call telling me what had happened and I understood fully what he was talking about. I can not imagine what his wife, children, family and coworkers are feeling but I ache from his loss. I spent several hours trying to think of how I could best honor his memory. The best that I can come up with is to carry on in his foot steps. I only hope that I am up to the task. He will be missed.

Please add a special prayer for our Hero and his family tonight! They will need it!

14 comments:

kjpweb said...

I'm sorry for the loss of one of the countries finest. Even more so, since he seemed to be one of the few, really trying to make a difference.
My condolences!
Klaus

Kim said...

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts go out to everyone affected by this tragedy.

Carletta said...

I am so sorry for your loss.
This is a very special tribute.
Prayers will be said for his family and you.

Beckynsc said...

Very sorry to hear of this! My heart and prayers go out to all affected by this tragedy!

HFD60 said...

Sorry to hear that, I will be saying a prayer for Lt. Curry and his family.

The Birdlady said...

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of such a life, and send heartfelt sympathy to his family and friends.

fishing guy said...

Michael: It is sad when a good man is lost, my condolences.

Linda Reeder said...

He sounds like a truly good man. A tragic loss.

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

I am sorry for the loss of your friend. You have honored his memory in a special way with this tribute to him. Take care. Lisa

Old Wom Tigley said...

My sympathy goes out to all that are touched by this very sad loss. This is a fine tribute for a fine man I'm sure.

Tom

Madison Richards said...

What a beautiful tribute...I'm so sorry for your loss.

Madison Richards

Indrani said...

That is really sad! My prayers are with the family.

michele said...

You ARE carrying on his footsteps, and although I know it was an honor for you to know him, I'm sure he felt the same about you! I know how much his family appreciates your being there for the funeral...as I would if the situation were reversed. All "police families" need to pull together during tragic times like this. The sympathy & prayers of citizens DOES mean the world, but unfortunately, most people cannot understand what this family is going thru. Thank you for giving people an opportunity to honor his membory, and to pray for his family. As usual...I love you... with all of my heart.

Chrysalis Angel said...

I will keep his family in my prayers. God knows them.

Activism Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Custom Search
Nature Blog Network